The week of Grandma's funeral was an over-the-top busy week for us. We ended up having visitation Monday, the funeral Tuesday, I had finals on Wednesday and Thursday - Mr. B also had a band and vocal concert Thursday evening, and Friday we left for Quincy, IL for the hubby's brother's wedding on Saturday (you still with me?). :) I'm telling you ...it was nuts. Oh, and also on Friday, Shay had a Mother's Day Tea that I was invited to...it was delightful and oh, so precious. We made it through the week of madness...somehow, and managed to survive. :)
My finals went well, I ended my semester on a good note...with good grades, and I'm very proud of that! :) Things got a little stressful and tricky towards the end..Miss Shay was even home sick on Thursday, but all got done. :) I have been enjoying my time off from homework, but I am looking forward to summer classes (why does that just sound wrong?). I am taking 3 classes this summer and will begin this coming Tuesday. I am also already signed up for fall semester (and I have my spring semester mapped out as well) - gosh, I really wish I could keep my house that organized (of course there are no children tearing up my school scheduling).
I think her tummy was feeling better by this point. ;)
She looked like a little Army guy with her (non-used) puke bowl on her head.
Speaking of the chillens...Mr. B ended his final band/vocal concert on a good note. Unfortunately, we didn't have a good view of him during the concert, but you can hear the band play the "Theme from Star Wars" here. Mr. B will be going to the "big school" next year - middle school. It will house all of the 6th and 7th graders in the city (approx. 1300 - 1350 students). It's going to be a little bit of a change, but I'm praying he will be alright. He assured us he's going to get beat up next year because I made him sign up for chorus...such drama. LOL
Getting lined up on the risers. Mr. B is in the brown.
Playing an instrument during one of the vocal songs.
Mother's Day was short and sweet this year, we spent the morning in IL and the rest of the day on the road home, but it was nice. :) The kids all made me something for my special day - I love the gifts they make - they truly are the best and most heartfelt. Mr. B wrote me a poem, Bear wrote and illustrated a calendar complete with poems.
Miss Shay made me a book (all about me - Mommy), and my little man brought me home his handprints with a special poem. Am I spoiled, or what? :) They are the best!! Here are some pics from Shay's Mother's Day Tea and her and her classmates singing here...it was so sweet! :)
The drive to IL seemed to take forever, and the hubby "almost" got pulled over only once. It was pretty late when we arrived in Quincy, but the kiddos were excited to cross the Mississippi River, and of course...to swim at the hotel. The wedding on Saturday was nice - congrats to Charlie and Bri! The kiddos and the hubby all had a part to play...and myself? I had the great pleasure of sitting back and snapping some pictures...just what I love. We enjoyed seeing family and friends and visiting while the kiddos boogied down at the reception. We had to leave the reception at a decent time however, because there was more swimming to be done. :) We drove around Quincy a bit before we left on Sunday. What a neat old town...and what beautiful old homes!! I'm such a sucker for old houses....maybe someday, huh?
Enjoying some R&R.
The kiddos before the wedding.
Cavy & his little cousin, Cassie (flower girl & ring bearer).
The older boys were ushers and Miss Shay & cousin, Naomi, passed out bubbles.
Cousin Naomi lives in Fargo, ND, so these two cherish their time together! :) They were so cute watching the wedding, I just had to snap a picture. :)
What a cute trio, but I was especially partial to the handsome guy in the middle. ;)
Bear helped decorate the car.
Me & my baby.
Our little family. :)
The hubby with 3 of his 4 siblings. :)
The hubby & his Momma - she looked so nice!
The bride and groom.
These two wouldn't pass up a chance to dance together.
Magically...the DJ played "Brown Eyed Girl"
....but I'm pretty sure her Daddy requested it. :)
Miss Shay slept in the window overlooking Ol' Miss - she thought it was SO cool!
The boys shared a bed (Cavy was OUT).
Taking in the view a last time before we checked out.
Mr. C rode the cart out to the parking lot.
It was nice to spend time with Grandma Nancy on Mother's Day. :)
Checking out the sites!
The bridge crossing over the Mississippi.
There is more to blog, but I'm heading to bed...besides...this has been long enough. Thanks, as always for checking in with us. Peace & love (as a friend would say).
Take care,
~S































Best Mother's Day I have had in years and years and years!!!
ReplyDelete