All of the kiddos have played soccer over the years, except for Mr. C, who got his first chance this summer. Yes, in the sweltering heat and humidity, every Tuesday night, Cavan has been bursting at the seams to get on the soccer field. This summer was our church's first attempt at a soccer league, and I think it's been quite successful.
Cavy posing with Daddy after a game.
It has been so fun to watch Cavy attempt to figure out the game of soccer. At first he was a little unsure, but his skill has grown with practice and he is LOVING it! He has scored quite a few goals, but more importantly, is learning how to be part of a team - and I really like that!
Ready for some action!
I have to say there is another draw to sitting in the heat and watching the little munchkins run back and forth after the checkered ball. Cavy has two coaches, and I have to say, even though they are both great - I am a little smitten with one of them. Maybe I shouldn't confess to this, but he has a wonderful smile and he is so positive with the kids. Dare I say he makes my stomach flip flop a bit? Well, what can I say...I'm only human!!
There's the coach I was telling you about on the left...you already knew, didn't you? :) It's the hubby!!
Mr. Jones makes a fine coach and I'm his biggest cheerleader too. :)
Good game!
Well, that is all for today. My house desperately needs picked up. We're having a garage sale tonight and tomorrow (grrr), and I'm still not ready for that. Oh, and I'm in charge of decorations for a baby shower tomorrow, and let's just say...I'm not quite done. LOL Keep your fingers crossed for me and have a wonderful weekend! :)
Blessings~
S






No comments:
Post a Comment