Last year at the block party we were "newbies." We had just begun to frequent the CLC, after a year of driving by the uptown location and feeling intimidated by the number of cars in the parking lot on Sunday mornings. I'm so glad Shaylen guilted me into church shopping after a year of being in a church-less caccoon. I knew after Shay began holding Sunday morning service in her bedroom with her door shut and her Bible school CDs playing full-blast, and then when she asked if I could just pay a church some money so she could go to Sunday school, it was long overdue to find a church home in our "new" community.
What a difference a year makes. Our Church home truly has become a home for us. As I sat in the grass with my camera, and watched the vacation Bible school kiddos singing, I thought about the year that had passed. Shaylen and Cavan smiled and sang and followed along with the song gestures, as glimpses of blessings passed through my mind - singing along to praise songs at Sunday morning service, seeing the kiddos sing in choir and the hubby at service, feeling the love and compassion and prayers of others after my fall, making new friends, and gaining a deeper understanding of Christ...I could go on and on. I had to shut off the mental DVR because I felt my eyes watering up and I had to make a big gulping swallow to rectify the lump in my throat. We have been so blessed this past year, and I am so grateful and proud to be a part of our church. It felt great not only to participate with the family choir for the block party, but also to see so many faces I now recognize and know. I'm pretty sure the best part for the kiddos was not participating in singing - ha - but getting to play on all the inflatables and eat all of the scrumptious food!
(You might want to pause the music at the bottom before playing this - sorry, I know it's a pain sometimes!)
Hope you are feeling all of the blessing in your life! Thanks for being one of the blessings in mine! :)
Let the praises ring!!
~S


















No comments:
Post a Comment