Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Long & The Short Of It

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut...and every time I get my hair cut I view the day as a magical day of possibilities.  Sounds really, really corny, I know.  But you see, I've had this love/hate relationship with my hair my whole life.  It's been dark brown, black red, orange (an attempt at blonde), and somewhat blonde.  It's been straight, curly, long, medium, and short.  I've had bangs and no bangs.  One thing remains the same - my hair is DIFFICULT!  I accepted it long ago...I have problematic hair.  It's thick, naturally curly, frizzy and course.  I am so thankful that Miss Shay's hair is not curly and crazy like mine.  I would LOVE to have smooth, silky, straight hair..but we always want what we don't have, right?  I always tell the hubby he has it easy - no hair at all!  I'm not sure what I'll have done tomorrow.  The hubby suggests "something different - but not short."  LOL  He really doesn't like my hair short.  I thought I'd share some of my "hair-y" journey with you, some of it is quite entertaining.  :)
Here I am with my family - barely pregnant with Mr. B and with a pretty short do!

When Mr. B was little, I had a few different hair styles.  The hubby was not a fan of any of them.

 I grew it back out when I was expecting Jaron.  This pic is from Bear's baptism

Here it is, different again, while I was expecting Miss Shay.
I chopped it off again with Shay Shay.

Grew it back with Cavy.  I love having straight hair, but it takes me over an hour to straighten it.

Dark with bangs, and lighter without bangs.

Who knows what I'm going to look like tomorrow afternoon.  One more mugshot to add to the collection.  :)Wish me luck!
Blessings~
S

No comments:

Post a Comment