Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Induction Night!

What a day!  I am blissfully exhausted!  I got the kiddos off to school this morning, and then headed to Kohls to do a little shopping before my classes.  I picked up one of Cavan's birthday presents (a Tony Romo jersey); I think he'll be very excited about it!  After my classes, I hurried home and ironed clothes for our church directory pictures, which we had after the kiddos got home from school today.  Once we finished with pictures, I had time to run home and change and then I was off again to the Phi Theta Kappa induction ceremony.  We didn't get home until almost 9pm (and I still haven't began my homework), but it was so worth it.  :)  I wanted to participate in the induction ceremony so badly in February, but I was still recovering from my knee surgery.  So, tonight, it was a chance to reclaim something that was "taken" from me with that fall.  I was very proud to celebrate such an achievement with my family.  If I didn't have such a rockstar for a hubby, and an awesome support system - there perhaps would not have been an achievement to celebrate!  Here's some pictures from this special night.
Three of the kiddos after church pictures.

I'm loving that I was able to walk down the stairs for my induction!  I went down those steps like a pro! :)

Saying our "vows."

It's almost my turn!

One of the advisors - reading my introduction and message to my family.

Getting my stole (am I short, or what?!)

Hooray!

At the reception.

Me & my #1 fan - the hubby!  Muah!!  I love you, Mr. Jones!!

My beautiful family!  They're so supportive!!!

Edd, me, and Mom - I'm so glad they were there to celebrate this special honor with me!

Me & my beautiful babies! 

I love this guy!

Me and my future honor society member. :)

Blessings (I'm feeling very blessed tonight)~




2 comments:

  1. Oh, Steph, I am so so proud of you!! And so pleased that your mom was able to be there with you! What a great honor you have achieved and even greater because you are a wife and mother in addition to being a student - and all the obstacles you had last year! I so wish I could have been there to celebrate with you but wanted you to know I am busting with pride in you!!! Oh - and the pictures are wonderful of all of you! Praise the Lord for that knee bending so well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, sister! Congratulations! You have to feel so accomplished with all the things that you do, especially despite the obstacles (poor knee!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete