Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime, Summertime, Sum..Sum...Summertime...

Today is officially the first day of summer!  The kiddos have been on break now for three and a half weeks.  Since I last posted we've been busy with soccer, baseball, church, swimming lessons, and now vacation Bible school!  I have wrapped up one class, am taking one online class, and will return to the classroom in July for my last month-long summer course.  I hate wishing my summer away, but I am REALLY looking forward to having a few weeks off from school in August! 

In the meanwhile, I have puppy to potty train.  Yes, I said a PUPPY!  Miss Shaylen turned 9 years old last week!  We celebrated with a Hippie Retro Birthday Party...and with the best gift EVER!  Shay gave up her guinea pig last spring, allowing Teddy Roosevelt to go to a home where he would be the only pet.  Since then, she has been all about getting a puppy - not just any puppy, but a little GIRL puppy.  And since we are such suckers (Heaven help us), we found an adorable little puppy for sweet girl.  The puppy's name is Gabby, and she is a cutie!  I'll think she's even more cute when she stops peeing on my floor! ;) 

That's all for tonight - not a whole lot to write for not posting an entry for over a month.  I think I'm just tired tonight. :)  So, I'll save my energy for my favorite part - pictures! :)


With Shaylen @ her field trip to the zoo. :)


The day after the zoo trip, I went with Jaron's class to Living History Farms.


Bear and his good friends, Owen.


Mr. B playing 3rd base.

Bros

What a goof!

Bear and the game ball he was awarded.

Church musical - I was the assistant director.  See me on the left, in the front row? :)

Shay at her end of the year dance party.

Shay's dolphin for zoo day at school.

My graduation cake.  I told the hubby that I didn't want a party, but there's something about seeing writing on a cake that makes graduation feel "official."  :)

Bear making a demonstration video for school - "How to make smoothies."

Cavy sporting his first summer mohawk.

My handsome Mr. B.

Bear getting ready to bat.

POW!  There it goes!

Cavy & Bear sitting on the sidelines of Shay's soccer game

Go Shay, go!

Shay scored her first goal of the season during this game.

One happy girl! :0)


Cavy playing catcher.

My cutie pie!


Cavy watching his big brother play ball.

Mr. B & his wind up.




There it goes!


Shay's new pup - Gabby.

All dressed up & snoozing.

Kisses for her new mommy.

Gabby & Emmitt hanging taking a nap.

Shay getting ready to score in the Kohl's Cup.




Woo Hoo!! :)


The Hubby taking a snooze during Shay's 2 day Kohl's Cup tournament.

He he - I love this picture of Cavy in his Oma's floppy hat. :)

Last day of swim lessons! :0)

Yeah!  They all PASSED!  :)


Shay & her daddy, out to eat on her birthday.

All ready for Shay's party!

Shay & her sibs made the decorations for the party.

We made a "beaded curtain" out of yarn and cut up straws. :0)



Doing the Limbo.  Bear even got into the spirit and helped out. :)

The girls painted tote bags and made their own pet rocks (groovy, baby)!

Group shot (with Bear).  Haha

The birthday girl with her cake.

Three - legged Hippie race.

Shay's pet rock.

Shay & her good friend, Taylor.

...with her dear friend, Sydney

Father's Day - Shay's card made her Daddy tear up. Ahhh...

The kiddos with Papa.

Shay & Gabby

Isn't she cute?  Those little teeth are SHARP!  LOL

Father's Day 2011

Playing football in the yard.

What a catch, Cavy! :)

Blessings~





 


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures - all of them but the play by plays are the greatest!!

    ReplyDelete