We have had a lot happening since last September, when I last posted. There's no way to catch up in one post, but I will give you just a quick update on what we've been up to lately.
Yesterday I graduated from college (enter applause here)! It's bittersweet to say that I'm finished. This journey that began in August of 2009 and ran straight through every semester (summers included) came to a screeching halt on Thursday - my final day of student teaching.
I must say that I really surprised myself on this journey, finding that I was capable of so much more than I ever imagined. I graduated Summa Cum Laude, keeping my 4.0 GPA intact for the duration of my four year journey. I also was inducted into the Alpha Chi Honor Society, the Alpha Sigma Lamda Honor Society, and the Grand View Honor Society during the past two years. I was also named 2012-2013 Outstanding Student in Elementary Education, with was surprise and a great honor!
Me & the kiddos at the GV Honors Convocation
Jaron received an award recently, the PRIDE award, which is given to ten 6th graders and ten 7th graders at his middle school. This prestigious award recognizes students in the fall and in the spring for being leaders in their school, abiding by the rules, and for having good grades. We are so PROUD of him! :)
Bear with his principal
Shay has been busy wowing us her Iowa Assessment scores (you rock, Shay!) and her endless thoughtfulness (and art skills). Here she is with a sign she made for me for my graduation.
I love this girl!!
All of the boys are playing baseball this season. B & J are playing Little League and C is playing for a USSSA travelling tournament team. So far I've only gotten to see B & J play once, but I've seen C play several times (his games are on the weekends vs. weeknights). I get such a kick out seeing my little guy play; he takes the game so seriously. I have no doubt it's from playing with his big brothers. :) I love them all. I don't have any baseball pics to share of the older boys (yet), but I will soon.
Little Slugger
My kiddos are growing up so fast. Every time I turn around, one is taller than me or wearing the same size of shoes as I do. It's just crazy! I love them so much - we love them so much! How blessed we are to have happy, healthy children! I can't help but think of my grandma - my kiddos' beloved "Grandma Apple" and how tickled she would be with how big they are getting! Today marks three years since Grandma passed. I know she is watching over us, but oh - how I miss her!
Grandpa & Grandma during WWII
This post seems really long, especially after I haven't blogged in over seven months. I should have more time to write in between job hunting and subbing (which I hope to start once my certification arrives in the mail). Thanks for checking in with us!
Blessings,
Stephanie :)






No comments:
Post a Comment